MetaTrader Manual installation from a Zip File on Windows
This is for users:
Note: The Zip file is language, platform (for MT4 or MT5 & the language you use), and broker specific, so make sure you have the correct download links from your broker
(The broker can contact us for the links).
- Having troubles installing the plugin on windows
- Using an unsupported version of Windows
- That do not have Admin level access.
The zip files are self extracting .exe files so the host platform must allow running .exe files.
- Save the .exe file to your desktop
- Open Metatrader
- Click on File and select ‘Open Data Folder’
- This should open your data folder which will look something like this:
Note: It may ask for permission to run, or permission to replace files, allow it to run and replace files
- Minimize Metatrader, so that you can see the open data folder window and the .exe file on your desktop that you downloaded.
- Drag the .exe file into the open data folder (In Windows it may ask you to allow this move)
- Once the .exe file is in the data folder double click it to allow it to extract
Note: If it's not there, then the exe did not extract, or you were not able to copy the downloaded file to the correct location.
- Once completed restart MetaTrader
- Autochartist should be listed under Expert Advisors in the Navigator window
Unfortunately File management in Windows is beyond the scope of this tutorial and you may require IT support.
- Finally, you will need to enable Web Requests
- In MetaTrader, click on Tools, select Options and then go to the Experts Advisor Tab
- Put a check mark in the box next to "Allow WebRequest for listed URL"
Note: For MT4, these urls are Broker specific, so be sure to get the correct urls from your broker (Brokers can contact us if they don't have the correct URLS).
- Add the list of URLS required.
Note: For MT5, the url to add is: https://mt5.autochartist.com